Managing and Mitigating Appeals for Operational Success
Several factors contribute to the volume of appeals in a jurisdiction – including but not limited to appeal provisions within existing legislative frameworks, the quality and equity of the assessment process, ratepayer perception of the property assessment and taxation regime, the sophistication of the tax agent community and the extent to which an assessment jurisdiction has access to its own underlying valuation data. Minimizing the impact of appeals is essential for any jurisdiction, so that planned revenues can be realized to fund important municipal services.
Appeals can be materially reduced through the use of VaaS because of its exceptional ability to maintain data lineage for each and every property. For every property in your jurisdiction, current and historical state and condition data, analytical models and methods used to determine the valuation, direct comparison approach related datasets, quality assurance analysis and reports and much more, are warehoused and can be revealed at appeal to powerfully substantiate the valuation. VaaS generated evidence packages are the most comprehensive and rigorous in the industry today, both reducing frivolous appeals and forcing appellants to justify their appeals through their own rigorous data. In addition to the use of VaaS, Axilogic and MPAC can help mitigate the volume of appeals through the following professional services:
- Legislation and policy review and advice.
- Creation of analytical models to predict volume and impact of appeals, as well as ways in which future assessments can reduce appeal volume.
- Business processing re-modelling to streamline appeals process.
- Provision of data insights to substantiate assessments.
- Litigation support and advisory for major appeals (e.g., factories, large retail, special purpose properties, etc.)
AXILOGIC AXILOGIC ASSESSMENT CORPORATION, 100 VIA RENZO DRIVE, SUITE 304, RICHMOND HILL, ON, CANADA, L4S 0B8
Axilogic Assessment Corporation is a proud member of Axilogic Group (www.axilogicgroup.com)